The Baltic-Nordic-Ukrainian Summer School on Survey Statistics aims to promote interest and skill in the theory, methodology and practice of survey statistics, and to provide an opportunity for university teachers, research students and survey practitioners to discuss their problems and to learn from the experiences in other countries.
The Baltic-Nordic-Ukrainian Network on Survey Statistics is a non-governmental group of enthusiastic survey statisticians in Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden and Ukraine and their home institutions, most of them being a university or a national statistical agency. It started in 1996 as a Baltic-Nordic network and was extended in 2007 to include also Ukraine. It has arranged a Summer School 1997 in Estonia, nine Workshops 1998-2001, 2003-2006 and 2008 in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia, and two Conferences 2002 and 2007 in Sweden and Finland. It has also arranged exchange visits for university teachers, research students and survey practitioners to universities within the Network with a total duration of more than 100 months. The website of the Network is http://wiki.helsinki.fi/display/BNU/Home.
Participants are personally invited by the organizers.
- 2 participants from Belarus,
- 3 participants from Estonia,
- 3 participants from Finland,
- 1 participant from Germany,
- 5 participants from Latvia,
- 8 participants from Lithuania,
- 6 participants from Sweden,
- 20 participants from Ukraine.
Prolisok Recreation Center (See on wikimapia) is situated on the banks of the river Kozynka near Kozyn village, Kyiv region, Ukraine
Annual conferences or workshops have been arranged by the Network since 1997:
- Summer School in Tartu, Estonia, June 26 - July 2, 1997 with 49 participants
- Workshop in Jurmala, Latvia, May 24 - 27, 1998 with 27 participants
- Workshop in Palanga, Lithuania, May 27 - June 1, 1999 with 27 participants
- Workshop in Parnu, Estonia, June 18 - 22, 2000 with 30 participants
- Workshop in Jurmala, Latvia, May 25 - 30, 2001 with 29 participants
- Conference in Ammarnas, Sweden, August 17 - 23, 2002 with 74 participants
- Workshop in Palanga, Lithuania, May 28 - June 2, 2003 with 37 participants
- Workshop in Tartu, Estonia, June 18 - 22, 2004 with 40 participants
- Workshop in Vilnius, Lithuania, June 17 - 21, 2005 with 42 participants
- Workshop in Ventspils, Latvia, August 24 - 28, 2006 with 34 participants
- Conference in Kuusamo, Finland, June 2 - 7, 2007 with 74 participants
- Workshop in Kuressaare, Estonia, August 25 - 29, 2008, with 49 participants